IS PUBLIC SERVICE RIGHT FOR YOU
Here are the attributes of the ideal Democratic candidate for an elected position. Please don’t be discouraged if you do not have all of them.
• Do you care about your community?
• Do you have a passion for democracy to solve problems?
• Are you a good listener?
• Are you honest and willing to work hard?
Then, you would be a good public servant.
Decide which public office interests you the most.
• Look at the website for the governmental entity.
• What are the major issues facing that entity?
• Do you care about those issues?
• Are you passionate about helping to solve the problems facing the constituents?
Find out if you meet the residency requirements for the office by calling the Sumter County Supervisor of Elections at:
Sumter County Elections 7375 Powell Rd.
Wildwood, FL 34785
FIND OUT THE OTHER REQUIREMENTS AND PROCEDURES FOR RUNNING FOR OFFICE
• FOR THE CITY OR MUNICIPAL OFFICES: CALL THE CITY OR TOWN CLERK.
• FOR COUNTY-WIDE OFFICES:
Contact the SUMTER BOARD OF ELECTIONS AT: https://www.sumterelections.org/
• FOR STATE OFFICES: GO TO THE FLORIDA DIVISION OF ELECTIONS WEBSITE AT: https://dos.myflorida.com/elections/
• FOR FEDERAL OFFICES: GO TO FEDERAL ELECTIONS COMMISSION WEBSITE.
• Visit the Federal Elections Commission Website https://www.fec.gov/
Our Candidate Development Committee is available to help you decide which office is best for you;
Required Information: *